Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Is it Tuesday?? I can't remember....

Today was really hard.  I have to say that I realize what a blessing God has given us as a team.  I am so encouraged by the other ladies and of course my sweet husband.  We all prayed together this evening before bed which was good because I was really feeling broken down today.
 
This afternoon we took some of the kids on a hike with their preschool teachers.  We had to leave Ling Ling (I think I called her Lei Lei in the previous post) and two other girls who are unable to walk back at the orphanage.  There was some miscommunication and Ling Ling believed she would be able to go on the hike with us.  Unfortunately it was too hard for her to come and she did not have permission from the teachers.  So, we had to leave them crying at the orphanage when we set off on the hike.  By the time we got to the top of the hill I could not hold my tears back.  I turned around so that hopefully no one would notice.  Silently I was praying, no pleading, for God to help me get it under control.  Then He gave me a small miracle.  My contact lens fell out.  One of the sweet boys came over and I bent down and pointed to my eye.  He shook his head that he couldn't see the lens.  A few minutes of looking and I glanced over and there on the dirt path, glinting in the sun was my lens.  Praise God for the funny ways He works.  I was no longer crying!
 
Anita measured Ling Ling's legs because we believe she may be able to walk if she has braces.  So, you can be praying for that.  Also, we found out that the little girl that Rhonda has become very attached to has no feet.  She was abandoned at a hospital around age 1-2.  Her feet were badly burned and they had to be amputated.  She has prosthetic feet.  A real praise is in the little girl that Ruth has been spending time with, Chin Chin.  When we first arrived she sat alone and seemed despondent.  This afternoon she came running and smiling out to greet us.  She was also invited on the hike.  Pray that she will be invited to join the preschool program.  She seems like an entirely different kid.  Isn't God's love powerful and amazing?  I will attach a picture of her with Ruth.
Our biggest prayer request as a team is that the children and the staff will some how, some way, come to know Jesus Christ.  And that they will find shelter in Him.  Right now we are praying for the immediate needs we see but we never forget the eternal need.  He is Father to the fatherless.
 
God Bless,
~Heather
 
P.S.  Mickey Mouse is quite popular here.  In fact, there are several tiles in the orphanage.  I will post a picture tomorrow.  I have a new Chinese phrase "Mi-Louw-shoe"  (phonetic spelling for Mickey Mouse).  And in case you are wondering why I am wearing the same Mickey Mouse sweat shirt all week it is because they don't use heat and we are all frrrrreeeeeeezzzziiiinnnngggg!!!!
P.S.S.  The college student that Lee posted a picture of me with has sent us an email.  So, looks like we have a new Chinese pen pal.  Praise God!  Our time is pretty limited online because we are all sharing one connection in Rhonda's room.  So, sorry if we can't reply to all the emails but we love you all and truly feel and appreciate the prayers.

No comments: