Sunday, November 11, 2007

Friday

Well, today was the last day at the orphanage.  We led the preschool class in singing children's songs.  Lee reached way way waaaay way far back (Lee says, "Not that far back!") for some of the songs he pulled out.  It was really cool to when the teachers would sing the song in Chinese and we sang the same song in English. 
Ruth and I snuck off to the girl's dorm to see Ling Ling, Chin Chin, and the other two girls we have grown really attached to.  Ling Ling wouldn't look in my face and I wonder if it was a defense mechanism because she was aware we were leaving today.  My other sweet girl was being very affectionate.  She wrapped her arms around my neck and lay her head on my shoulder.  I just held her and prayed.  I know her little body will be restored some day.  It would be easy to see her tiny body twisted and hurt and wonder if there was a God and if there was one, how could He do this?  So, I just prayed.  I don't understand and I don't know the mind of God.  All I can do is focus on His character and trust that He is still here in this orphanage.  Lee played the Newsboys song on his phone.  "And all God's children singing, Glory!  Glory! Halleluiah, He reigns!"  It was a surreal period in time. 
I have a verse today...
"He who goes out weeping,
carrying seeds to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him."
Psalm 126:6
It really hurts but we are still being obedient and God has blessed us this morning with songs of joy from the children. 

1 comment:

Bruce Eric Anderson said...

Lee and Heather: the only word i can think of as i read all your posts (ok, so i've done a better job of keeping up with Anita's blog than your's) is "POWERFUL." It's amazing to see how you've impacted these little children of God. We don't understand why they are where they are but trust that God has a plan for their lives (Jeremiah 29:11 -- "For I know the plans i have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." In a little over four hours you'll be boarding your flight home to Austin. We can't wait to see you at the airport.

Bruce Eric