Wednesday, October 17, 2007

my verse for the day...

So, I guess I just feel totally ill-equipped. I guess I thought if I was led to go here that I would not be fearful. And I am very fearful. Not sure what to expect, feeling vulnerable, unsure of myself, unsure of how I could ever be used, unsure about missing the kids while we are gone.... I'm sure you can imagine. I talked to Peanut today again about the trip and she said thinking about the orphans made her so sad. I showed her China on the globe and she asked how I knew that we were supposed to go there.... maybe you don't know why we are going either.....

I thought we were going back to Mexico. I thought we would visit Dulce Refugio and see the kids there. My heart was still there so when I walked across the hall to look at the GO trip board it was really just to see if they had truly taken Mexico off. Yes, they really did. But right below the now non-existent trip to Mexico was a trip to China. yeah right, God, never in a million years....
But God pulled on my heart through the entire sermon and when Tim said, "Is God calling you to do something?" I knew and I slipped a paper to Lee..."Let's go to China."

After the service I am walking across the hall and Anita, holding her precious Chinese daughter, catches my eye, walks through the hordes of fleeing church-goers and grabs my arm.
"You need to go to China." I had chills all over my body.
"What did you say?" "You need to go with us on the China GO trip."
So, that is why we are going. Because God told us in a very clear and profound way.
Of course, I had lots of talks with God after that about how I wasn't real sure He was needing me to be obedient!

So, now Jacob has reminded me of a verse from 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

~Heather

No comments: